Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pandas animation tricks #6



In this edition of Pandas animation tricks I talk about eye movements and just share some general ideas and notes about eyes and eye movements.

IMPORTANT. A note I forgot to mention in the video which is very very important is the idea of the 8 frame hold. Whenever we look at something it takes 8 frames for us to register what we are seeing. So when you dart or move the eyes you cant move them again for 8 frames. You can hold as long as you want but that is the minimum time. Granted there is always sway. If you can only manage to find 7 frames it will be OK just don't do it too often.

Anyway I hope you guys find this useful and as always if you have any questions for me about this or anything else just put them in the comments section. If it is a good enough question I may even make a whole segment of panda's animation tricks just to answer your question. Anyway have a good one guys.

PS. I was just linked to this which is a breakdown created by animation mentors tips and tricks section about animating eyes. It also has some good information in it.

2 comments:

Rami Daoud said...

Thanks Keith for those great notes...very helpful...:)

Unknown said...

Interesting post. I think this is a great example of what you're talking about with blinks indicating power - http://vimeo.com/23092691